Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Blood is in the Park

The blood Ran Cold

Wishing that the sun would dry my shoes.
You see it was a long night. I did more last night then some people do in a lifetime. Actually strike that. erase and amend. I know i did more last night then most will ever do.
Period. Its morning and I am having my favorite breakfast. a pouched egg . rye toast .. orange marmalade and a fresh cup of pressed organic sumatra coffee. a splash of organic half and half.
Fresh squeezed valencia orange juice and npr in the background. When time permits I have a fire in the Benjamin Franklin stove and on this morning as a treat I have the fire burning.
Rex my trusted mutt will get a long walk after breakfast but for the moment I get to sit and look over the back yard and relive the night before. This particular morning I notice a pain in my left shoulder. I looked down to see some blood coming thru my cotton shirt. Maybe the night wasn't as seamless as i initially thought. In the mirror I can see the bandage holding my shoulder together was saturated with blood. something must have gone wrong..but I cant remember what could... I decided to put on my shoes.. only half dried to check on my work I did last night. i need to make sure everything is in its place...that everything has been properly cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment